I've seen a lot of newer 1500's towing heavier trailers. Trailer brakes and the integrated controllers help a lot on these vehicles. I have modified my 92 D250 club cab CTD auto with rear discs, a lock up converter and soon to have a hydroboost conversion. With the more advanced trailer brake controllers on the market today I love my 92. Stops as well as the 06 2500 QC CTD 4WD I had and the 07 GMC *cough* 3500 4WD crew cab I had.

Creature comforts? I have A/C, cruise, power locks, windows and a stereo with bluetooth and an aux input. I even have a Garmin navi unit if I need it. And I know the fuel mileage is better than any of those other trucks and it's paid for. So what else do I really need? Oh yeah, 4 doors, but I have the crew cab Power Wagon for those outings with the wife and dogs. Maybe someday I'll combine them all in to one truck but not now.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost coming soon!
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.