Originally Posted By B3422W5
Originally Posted By madscientist
Originally Posted By fbs63
I don't think it's that Mopar people are cheap. I think they are sick of paying double what other makes cost and being treated like the manufacturer is doing you a favor. If they offer the block at a REASONABLE price point, they will sell. No doubt it will be more than a SBC because the volume will be less.

You are NEVER going to pay SBC prices for Chrysler stuff.

Poly laid out the math in fairly clear numbers. A Chrysler block costs about the same to found and machine as a Chevy. Since there are 40:1 Chevy over Chrysler that's an in sue right there.

My bet is at 2k if they require anything but assembly guys are going to [censored]. Can't tell you how many guys bitched at me because the X and R blocks came rough bored and I charged extra to get the block to hone size. Virtually everyone.

Want to know how many Chevy guys bitched about rough bored blocks???? A big fat ZERO.

Katie bar the door if it needs a line hone...and it SHOULD and if it has to be decked (and it SHOULD) the Chrysler guys will [censored] for YEARS.

Fact. I've lived through it.

God knows I want this to happen. Look how bad it was for Ritter to get one up and running.

Priblem with Ritter though is he didnt bring a viable product to market. He brought a product that immediately had a bad name. Bad news travels way faster than good news

I get it. I knew Kent when he was running the Ritter-Webber record holding Comp car. IIRC the car went 7.77 at 167 or something like that, which for 2000-2001 was impressive.

Ritter didn't have the backing that he needed. So yes, he did release the block too early. What I don't get is how do guys not know what's coming?

Evidently, Ritter has it cleaned up and no body is beating the door down to get them. I don't recall the issues with the first blocks but like I said, Chrysler guys get exactly what they deserve. Very few are willing to pay, be the first, work through the kinks and do some testing.

I've been around way too long to say otherwise. If this deal does happen, the only thing to keep it going is the down under Pro Stock guys.

Now, if you want to rehash the Pro Stock truck debacle we can do that. Because that was the beginning of the end of N/A racing in NHRA. Killing the truck class was not only stupid it was short sighted.

Or...maybe this is what NHRA really wanted. Killing PST certainly hastened the downfall of PS.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston