OK,.. I'm game, let's play engineer :-) But 1st off You seem to take pains to obfuscate Your comments in regards to this topic? Why??, there are plenty of people here who can understand techno-speak. Also per technical protocol if You use acronyms (RTR,... run-to-run, rule-the road, reformed-theological-review??) you write text and include acronym in brackets to insure clarity of term. Now,.. if You are interested in the condition of pushrod/rocker arm degradation to the point of failure without touching, the only option I see is to have a very fast optical data recorder that could see/record the condition in perhaps visible and infrared wavelengths. This in concept would allow to see the before and after conditions of interest. That's money for the speed and configuration of the optics and a good mechanical set-up. Isn't this what Spintron does already or is Spintron limited to visible wavelengths only? I probably 'fell off the boat' as to My interpretation to Your questions but You'll let Me know ... right?