Stole an hours today to play with truck. Two months in, first time I had a chance to turn a wrench on the 77 440 truck.

Got the oil changed and found the 5 quart jug and extra quart I had wasnt enough. I thought it took 6. Didn’t make stick. Scrounged around and did have another quart or quart and a half in another jug. Barely on stick. So just how much do these things hold? I’ve had cars with aftermarket pans not hold this much. Looks to be factory tube and stick.

Went to change the valve cover gaskets. My goodness. Booster needs to come off? I got under there and loosened it up most I could without risking it falling and breaking lines. Didn’t have time to find a way to crib it. Thinking I might try a rachet strap and a block of wood next time I get a chance. Guess I could bleed the brakes but I really really don’t want to put that time in. I had to quit and get back to real life as soon as the party started.

Just shocked an old truck is that tight. I got this because it should be “easy” to work on! Got to thinking back and I might not have encountered this because so far only one car I can think of had power brakes.

I want my fair share