^
That got me thinking - I felt a little weird about bending this thick a piece of bar steel and I came across this thread:

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/bending-a-sway-bar.964614/

The very last post details almost my exact problem - the guy fixed it by heating and bending the ends of the arm sections, not touching the original bends in the bar.

Since I just need to move the existing arm ends inward, maybe it would be better to mark and heat-bend them in the middle of the arms like that guy did vs messing with the existing torsional areas on the bar? It's definitely made of 4140 spring steel (Summit bar).

It seems less risky to me... by modifying the bar only where there is a straight force along the axis of the arm vs a twisting force, I'm probably less likely to compromise the bar I'd think? I'd hate to have the thing snap inside someone else's machinery.

Edit: I also found another post where a guy just pulled the ends of his together with a come-along confused

1967 Dodge Coronet Deluxe station wagon

1.03" T-bars, QA1 arms/rods, Cordoba/GM Metric/Volare brake & knuckle, XHDs, Hellwig rear sway, 318 Magnum w/ air gap, 727, 3.23s