I totally glossed over the sway bar provisions on QA1's B-body lower control arms.

The mount is further inboard on the arm, meaning I can't use the front sway bar I have now with them. The car came with a sway bar so the original LCAs had the tab further outboard on the arm, above the strut rod hole.

QA1 also says the sway bars that they do sell only fit their arms AND their K-member (which I'm not using)

Am I stuck here? Or does QA1 just use some GM swaybar style I can find cheaper to use with my K-member and their arms?

It also looks like I could mount my current sway bar to the strut rods, but I'm not sure if there's a way to parts-mix or retrofit that mount style. The current sway bar sits in line with the QA1 mount hole, but about 2 inches further outboard.

I'm also wondering if I could use an E-body sway bar if those things are narrower with the same arm length, as they only state limitations for B-bodies:

Part #52308 is a direct fit for 1970-72 B-body and 1970-74 E-body. Will work on 1966-69 B-body with QA1 K-member and sway bar, and 1962-72 B-body without sway bar.

Last edited by Secret Chimp; 04/14/18 10:38 PM.

1967 Dodge Coronet Deluxe station wagon

1.03" T-bars, QA1 arms/rods, Cordoba/GM Metric/Volare brake & knuckle, XHDs, Hellwig rear sway, 318 Magnum w/ air gap, 727, 3.23s