Too bad MaMopar didn't produce the factory stock oil pans with simple horizontal baffles similar to as shown. I had that done (by a fellow Mopar experienced road racer/autocrosser who showed me his own) to my own oil pan nearly 40 years ago when I began autocrossing. This was the absolute best engine modification ever done to any of my engines -- allows retained oil pressure under hi-g-force cornering, acceleration and deceleration.

The best reason to use an Accusump would be for pre-oiling after long sitting time periods. I actually have a new 3-qt Accusump and most of the required items to install, just never got around to it. Truly, I've done without it for over 40 years of very serious competition AXg (pylon, HSAX/HPDE, etc).

During my current new engine rebuild (small block), I'm considering installing it this time around. Possibly with a ~25 psi valve to activate it while engine is running IF it would ever run below ~25 psi. All considerations being thought of, as well as location and plumbing. Its still a street-driven car, but used primarily for wknd track events (mostly HPDE/HSAX, maybe returning to pylon autocrossing in the future).

I'd like to see some pictures of cars with an Accusump installed -- location, set-up details, etc. Engine bay location adds weight to the front end (not desirable, but convenient). Interior? Trunk? Remote filter location? Electronic solenoid valve location? Activation light?

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!