I have been spending a lot of hours replacing the rest of my car's suspension - which has me turning to the stock mid-sump small block oil pan I have on my motor (late 90s 318 in a 67 Coronet)

I'm never going to run this car very hard, maybe an autocross at most - otherwise just some backwoods fun. But I don't want to cause myself problems from cornering or braking starvation if it's a possibility with a stock pan. I can see how the oil can slop forward away from the pickup currently.

However, I also don't want to run a road race pan for the sake of ground clearance - if I were to change the pan, I'd want a trapdoored/baffled stock mid-sump, not an 8 qt with kickouts. However, nobody seems to outright sell these things so I don't know where to start with that option.

This is what makes me curious about an accumulator - just a basic type plumbed in through a sandwich plate.

Does this make sense for my application or do the failure risks involved with running the lines to/from the accumulator not make sense for street use?

1967 Dodge Coronet Deluxe station wagon

1.03" T-bars, QA1 arms/rods, Cordoba/GM Metric/Volare brake & knuckle, XHDs, Hellwig rear sway, 318 Magnum w/ air gap, 727, 3.23s