Originally Posted By CrAzYMoPaRGuY
Very much appreciate the feedback!!!
I'm probably keeping this one a small block. I'm planning on lightening it up a tad up front too.
You like the difference just with a torsion bar swap I take it?? It will cost me 1500 Canadian by the time everything is over the border so I just want to check!!! wink And the car still rides nice? Do you have the bars in combination with the aluminum pucks now? What did you not like about the KYBs? Were they Gas-A-Justs? Bilsteins noticeably better? Sorry for all the questions....

Swapping the torsion bars was the last thing I did to the car. Already had front and rear cop sway bars, aluminum K pucks, frame ties and all new bushings throughout. Easily made the biggest difference of anything I did to the car. I drove it for a year on 15" BFG tires and the ride wasn't harsh at all. Car still had noticeable body roll before the bars were installed and after the car would stay square to the road - even on tight e-way entrance ramps at speed.

I used the KYB shocks on the factory bars, but stepped up to Bilstein with the FF bars. You really need a better shock to compensate for the added spring rate.

$1500 is tough pill to swallow though if that's only for the bars. I paid $650USD for my set maybe five years ago now. If you're keeping the car and want it to handle though, these bars are a must.

Also, to get the most out of these things frame ties are also a must. You wouldn't believe how much flex there is in the chassis.

Keep the questions coming. I'm glad to help out.

Last edited by MarkM; 03/24/18 06:51 PM.

1987 Fifth Avenue - 512/518/D60