Shorter or taller spindles and their benefits or drawbacks is really dependent upon a number of other design parameters around it beyond just the height. Shorter spindles with matching control arm mounting points can still have net positive attributes over taller spindles with less desirable pick up points. It all depends on how it was designed. The muscle era mopars with short spindles had a pretty advanced suspension design for the era that still has a number of positive attributes compared to even late model cars.

I am unfamiliar with the 1950s era Mopar spindles and suspension geometry. I do know that the FJM spindles are 3/8" taller than the traditional ABE muscle era spindles under the most popular collector cars. If the 50s era stuff is taller, that could be great, but I'd also think their popularity, or lack of, could impact the availability of adapting brake kits to them. Many of the muscle era C body spindles are also taller than ABE spindles as well, while retaining matching bearing types, but also having differing ball joint mounting spread and tapers. The ability to have bolt on mix and match pieces in the Mopar world can be somewhat limited compared to the GM world and somewhat better than the Ford world, but it is still not ideal. There is also the possibility of adapting late model Howe, Laughlin, Flexi and other circle track manufacturers part to Mopars and creating custom suspenion curves, but then we are getting away from the easily bolted together and moving into engineering and fabrication concerns before being able to turn wrenches. Certainly possible, but not for your average shade tree guy.