Originally Posted By sasquatch
That graph/chart shows what valve float looks like on the dyno. IF you are using the Edelbrock springs they are NOT suited to that camshaft. The Comp XE grinds are really aggressive and need a pretty serious spring. I know, I know that they are supposed to be good for 600 lift. Horse puckey. I have a 5 gallon bucket full of them that we only use on really mild stuff (like 480 and under lift). That cam is 564 lift. I would use a Comp 925 with the right retainers and locks. Not a huge fan of the super big hyd cams either for this and other reasons. I would also advise against a cam like this as a single bolt cam either. Comp will grind the same (or any) single bolt cam as a 3 bolt (you just have to order it like that). Hey the Hemi and factory six pack motors are three bolts for a reason. Now please send all the "i have ran single bolts and edelbrock springs for years" posts to someone else. Also of note is what part number lifter are you using? 822-16 or 867-16? It matters. Also stock rockers on this cam profile will most likely lead to pushrods being pushed through the sockets in the rockers in the not so distant future. Pull the valve covers and have a looky loo. Pop one or two springs off and look at the bottom of the retainers and the locks. Are they shiny? Are the locks already showing wear? The eddies do not use a great lock. Upgrade to some 10 degree stuff if you change the springs.
Todd

I had pulled the motor today just to dissect to find the problem. I’m going to send the heads out to have the springs and valves checked. While it’s out I believe I’m going to change the cam to a solid. Any recommendations on a cam? It’s just disheartening to have high expectations from this motor and my wife’s car has more power than mine.