Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
Originally Posted By madscientist
Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
On your deal the Ford solenoid will activate the Mopar solenoid so the current draw on the first solenoid is twice what it would be with one whistling work
AKA aside, use a 12 or 10 gauge wire to the Fort solenoid input battery side and a 12 or 14 gauge on the output side down to the Mopar solenoid with a 16 or 18 gauge trigger wire to the small terminal on the Ford solenoid up

Thanks for the responses. When I get back over to work on it, I'm going to move the thing closer to the battery and use a bigger gauge wire just to keep the owner from losing his mind.

That is IF he doesn't work on it any more before I get there.

BTW, it's a Pontiac Cab, so only the one solenoid.

It sounds like your going to have to use a lot larger wire size to feed the starter motor through that Ford solenoid instead of activating the stock Pontiac solenoid work
How are you going to engage the Bendix drive on the starter without using the stock Pontiac solenoid to do that work confused

I can't remember all the details at the moment. The car is 3 hours away. This is a royal PITA because I'm not there to wipe his nose and hold his hand. Every time he works on it I have to undo what he does and redo it.

I think I'm going to sell his tools.

The funny thing is the battery isn't charging and somehow he thinks it's in the starter wiring. I've looked over the factory wiring diagram and don't see what he sees.

So, evidently, he can't read a wiring diagram. I know for a fact he can't read a map either. We rode dirt bikes together for years and many times he read the map wrong and got us into the suck.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston