Mine runs 9.0-9.1@3350lbs. Just took it apart for inspection. Trans itself has over 600 passes. Currently at 350 passes. The only new parts this go round were a stator support, 2 rings and a filter. What parts are stock; case,pump,input & output shafts,3 pin planet carriers,and servos. Frictions and bands still look nearly new. What parts are modified; lightened sun shell,aluminum drums, aluminum rear clutch carrier, A&A super sprag, torington bearings. I would definitely run the steel front planet carrier if using a brake. I have damaged a stock one, but only one (no trans brake). Current stock piece working fine. If you run a sleeved aluminum front drum I would try Teflon rings on the stator support. Mine is not sleeved so steel rings must be run. The check-up revealed a damage stator support in the rear ring groove along with a ring that was half thickness. Red solid band, 5 thin smooth Alto frictions/Kolene steels in the high clutch. 15 springs set at .075". Rear frictions and steels are stock parts, 3.8 lever, early servo with inner and outer springs. It runs a old Turbo action rev manual valve body. We also run stock input/outputs in Dizusters turbo car with a brake. Close to 850hp@3750lbs on radials. It has broke a aftermarket drive shaft, pinion shaft in the rear axle, but never a trans part outside of stripping a stock front planet. You can build a reliable unit yourself.
Doug