the only things i did not fab was the wheel [of course], the adjustment levers, and the stainless part is the stock can used in the telescopic function. the painted part is an interesting, and complicated part that took me many months of head scratching and failed attempts. it had to attach to the telescope and lock in place, plus allow the horn to function as design [and stay in place], while allowing the wheel to detach as well as locking it in place. that piece was fabbed from steel billet, and attaches to the much modified hub of the original steering wheel. if just a tilt function was desired, it would have been much easier to design and build a hub for the detachable steering wheel because the telescope locking mechanism, which [though very simple in design and execution] is on the bulky side to cover and look simple. many times in this project, i have found making things look "simple" is a lot tougher than one would expect using the "kiss" principle. hope all of this rambling makes some sense. as to the detachable wheel pieces, there seems to be the spline and hex couplings with the push in pin [i had to make a longer pin for my application. i used 303 grade stainless], and a "pull up" ring splined item. i had a hex wheel piece, so i used that and fabbed the male hex shaft part.
beer