i made my whole column for my 33 "humpback" panel from scratch with the exception of starting with a tilt/telescopic knuckle from a 1976 newyorker. all the column shrouds around the tilt/tele knuckle were made because this was a column shift car. as for the quick release, it started as a speedway hex kit. i used the original steering wheel center to use as a "horn kit"/adapter for the quick release. the horn ground "contactor" was carefully fabbed from nylon and brass bar stock with non conducting epoxy used for insulation and a piece of fiberglass material. the spring used was sourced from a ball point pen. the "contactor" has .200 of travel, ensuring enough tension for a good connection. as for the turnsignal switch mounting, i copied the factory mounting points of the column shift shaft cover. the only problem i had was tilt mechanism locking lever. in hind sight, i should have used the circular 66-68 round lock [maybe]. wheel in pics is a junker, with a dummy "horn" button in place, as i have a super nice wood wheel, and a matching pistol grip e-brake handle i will be using at final assembly. didn't want them to get hacked up over time, as there is still lots to do on this car. here are some pics.
beer

P4220045.JPGP4220036.JPGP4220047.JPGP4220055.JPG