Originally Posted By hemi-itis
I am curious if ANY of you with over 500 HP can hook from a dead stop???
I have ET Street R's bias and I cant hook down low whatsoever.I av roll out in 1st and short shift 2nd then roll into it hard so 2/3s of the way through 2nd I'm at WOT then click high and stay hooked,,,most of the time.
Also use 31 X 16.5's. Ay the track I use 10.5w M\T and they work very good drive shruggy

My 517 C.I. six pack piump gas motor made over 600 HP to the flywheel and 545HP to the rear tires on a dyno jet chassis dyno here in Bend several years back, shruggy
The M/T 13x31x15 ET street bias tires would almost dead hook at 9.0 lbs. on 10 inch wide wheels on my old Duster on the street, 1/2 to 3 turns max devil up weighing 3450 Lbs. total ready to race with 50.7 % weight on the front tires shruggy I raced it with all three sets of tires on the car, the bias plies 13x31x15 ET street tires where the slowest ET and MPH at the track and the 315x60x15 M/T ET Street Radials ET and MPH where almost identical to the 10.5x31x15 M/T drag race slicks, the car would cross the finish line at 6500 RPM at 134.+ MPH with the slicks and cross at 7000 RPM with the ET Street Radials at almost the same MPH and ET confused shruggy I never drove that car with slicks on the road so no input about that shruggy
I do like the M/T ET Street bias ply tires better on the street with decent HP compared to the M/T ET Street radials I used shruggy

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 03/11/18 09:04 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)