Originally Posted By crackedback
Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
Assuming you bought the version with the "smaller" springs......
For that cam with 1.5 rockers I would just adjust the installed height to get those springs to 145-150 on the seat(around 1.80-1.82 installed height).
The rate of that spring is fine for that type of cam if the seat pressure is set properly.

IMO, the 1.550 flat tappet/hyd roller spring they use is on the stiff side for most hot street or street/strip type applications.

In my original TF240 thread I'm pretty sure I posted the numbers for that spring....... It did not match the specs on the instruction sheet that came with the heads, but I seem to think it was pretty close to what TF shows for specs on their spring page.
It's been a while....... You'd have to do a search.

Depending on how high you want to turn the motor, what rockers, etc...... Something along the lines of a Comp 928 or Isky 8005a is what I'd be looking at, but both of those install shorter that how the 1.550 springs come set up from TF, so you'll have to play with shims/retainers/locks to get where you want.

Agreed, a .060 shim would bring the seat up to ~143 at 1.84 if my rusty math skills are correct. An .070 would be ~147 on seat.

Never trust the valve spring specs tsk Always verify the actual pressures for your springs. especially on a race motor or hot street motor twocents Buy what tools you need or take the heads to a shop that has a valve spring tester to verify the pressures up
I've seen 30 lbs. different in the same set of heads installed at the same heights shruggy
I shoot for + or - 5 lbs. variance on the seats and 10 to 20 lbs. open and between .060 and .100 from coil bind on all the heads I set up up
Be thorough or don't worry about the minor details whistling grin stirthepot

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 03/03/18 07:23 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)