Heard of a lot of people using the Bullets as resonators and seems to work real well. Guess I'm not old enough for it to bother me yet. Bullets are cheap, but parts store glasspacks are cheaper...as long as you can find them in 3". Most are 2.25" or 2.5".

Changing to 2.5" tailpipes won't make a difference.

Someone mentioned earlier about experimenting w/ a PVC reducer at the tailpipe...it'll melt quick. Had a friend try to make a "stack" on his little 4 cyl. pickup truck out of a piece of 4" dia. PVC pipe. It started melting before he got out of his driveway and fell over in the bed 1/4 mile down the road, lol.

Super Turbos are much quieter and don't drone, but they WILL hurt the power noticeably.

Went through this w/ my dad's 440-6 road runner w/ 3" exhaust. Ultraflows droned too much for him. Replaced w/ Super Turbos...sounded good, no drone, but very noticeable drop in power. Replaced them w/ Hooker Aerochamber mufflers and now he's happy. Got the power back, sounds great w/ very little, if any, drone.

And BTW...Those welded X Dynomax mufflers can't flow very well. Look at how the "X" is constructed inside them compared to a well built X pipe crossover. The "X" in the muffler basically restricts down to the size of one pipe.

Last edited by an8sec70cuda; 03/01/18 11:32 AM.

CHIP
'70 hemicuda, 575" Hemi, 727, Dana 60
'69 road runner, 440-6, 18 spline 4 speed, Dana 60
'71 Demon, 340, low gear 904, 8.75
'73 Chrysler New Yorker, 440, 727, 8.75
'90 Chevy 454SS Silverado, 476" BBC, TH400, 14 bolt
'06 GMC 2500HD LBZ Duramax