Originally Posted By gsmopar
What did the machine work cost to make the girdle work. Just curious about the price difference between BRC and an aftermarket block.

The BCR kit is really nice if your in the 700+ HP range, but the cost of machining can add up.
You need to find a machine shop that can align bore and hone the new aluminum caps to the block. My regular machine shop does not have the machine to align bore the mains, just hone them and when I called other shops I got several different prices. Then the bottom of the block (pan rails and top of caps) is cut flush too. Been awhile since I did mine, but I'd guess around $500-600 on the low end for machining, and $800+ at the higher end of the quotes I was getting. I paid in the low range, but that was one of those deals where a small machine shop outsourced the work to another shop with the equipment to get a better price.
On my engine, I used the Milodon low profile pan and had no clearance issues with the K-member or steering linkage.

On my 600 HP 440 stroker I am looking at the 440 source girdle because I want the extra 1/4" spacing for the Jegs 4.15" plastic windage tray.