Why is it that someone can come to your house, charge you $750 to put a couple springs and some rollers on a garage door and everyone is happy, thanking them, offering them coffee or iced tea but tell someone it's going to cost $430 to tune up their vehicle and they get all bent out of shape?

I would venture to say that I personally have about $70K in tools, tool boxes and equipment, and I work at a dealership. The cost of the equipment and special tools alone is staggering. Way, way more than a truck, a ladder, a bucket of tools and a tablet costs. This doesn't even address the cost of training, support personnel, insurance, electric, etc. My 43 years of experience, knowledge and blood are certainly worth something. And make no mistake there is some of my DNA on pretty much every vehicle I have ever worked on. laugh2

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.