Quote:

This event is certainly not the only one to see a down turn in recent years. In fact, the entertainment industry in general has been struggling the last few years. Especially in our area.

not Carlisle, mason dixon, or any other show on the east coast had fallen off so hard, in fact they keep getting bigger!

Quote:

We seem to have a lot of work ahead of us if we want to keep our share of the entertainment dollar!

PLEASE at least try and sound like its not all about the dollar, hell, its expensive enough to get in e-town, let alone feed anyone - and the eye candy only lasts till your pockets are empty.

besides the food is nothing to write home about.

Quote:

I couldn't afford to bring the car out. Maybe next year". Over and over again, same story.

end your trying to get MORE of that entertainlent dollar???

Quote:

I was the one trying to locate display cars for this event. We offered free admission for car owners to show their historic or noteworthy cars.

you didnt mention that you posted that a month before the event... HELLOOOOO???

Quote:

How do we revive this thing? It will take a lot of thought and a lot of work, but as I said earlier, we have not thrown in the towel!

with all due respect. YOU AINT KIDDIN...

get off your seat, and start NOW for next year... it makes you look unprofessional to ask for celebrities, and speial cars a month or 2 before the event... do it a year in advance, if you had 10 more months of that it might just start to change.

you really need to know that all the things that turned people off from e-town were you ( planning ) decisions.

- you changed the date, it was ALWAYS the first weekend in june, and how many times did it rain? NEVER - now in may it rains every year!!?!?!?

- you make spectators walk over 1/2 mile when they buy thier parts to thier cars, they go from the vendors, all the way around the track, and behind it, back around the go karts, and to thier cars, try that with a rear housing, heck, make it an event, and hand out prizes for all those that dont fall over trying to do it.

your admission prices are high, and the return for those prices dropped DRASTICALLY - it was fine when bob riggle was whelstanding down the 1/4 mile.. now we pay more for LESS.... and you come here talking about getting a bigger piece of the pie? you have to OFFER more to get more in return

- the food - does it have to cost a family so much? really, its a vending company thing, but they HURT you for not so good food.

dont even get me started about the mufflers, you have tons of hemi cars there and cent even hear them run for most of the weekend.... and for me its not a 2 day event anymore, so if you go saturday, you mite as well forget hearing all the COOL cars even run...

Mr Frey, these are all things in YOU CONTROL.... nor ours... you start at least making the place better with the things you can control, and it will be a better show, and in turn attract more people.

you seem to think the muslce cars are taking a downturn, ??? and waiting for the next gen to come fourth.... my answer is goto Carlsile, or the nats and then tell me about how the muscle cars must be dropping off, and the vendors are not coming out, and the people are leaving thier cars home... THIER NOT at those shows... its YOUR show they are, and you can fix alot of it by changing the things in YOUR control....

thanks for your time - and stop letting the neighbors run the place, it started with the mufflers... what next?