I did not go this year, for a few reasons, but times have changed. I remember going in the mid 90's with a trailer load of parts, selling almost everything, and chatting with Don Garlits and having him sign the dash of my truck.

Personally I don't go for the swap or even the car show part, I like to participate in the racing and watch it as well. Cars been off the road the last few years so obviously no racing, but I enjoy watching it.

I figured the show would always go on as long as the cost to promote and run it for the weekend did not exceed the income it produced, regardless of how small it may have become. Times have changed and there are certain things you can't do anything about....stars of the show getting older and retired, the economy, and simply that many of us are not as young without any cares in the world. Get married, buy a house, and suddenly car stuff takes a back seat in life. I know this has happened to many of my friends, it's not that we don't want to go it's just the reality of getting older and different priorities.