I bought a 440-6 shaker car back in Sept '02 from a childhood neighbor that bought it from the original owner in Nov '85 ( I never saw the car until Sept '02). Car had 2 repaints by original owner and he removed the bubble emblems and filled the holes! This is an original FE5 car and out of curiosity i knew it could or should be a FE5 bubble? So i popped the filler out of the holes and wow, FE5 in the holes.
Fast forward a month or so and i had tracked down the original owner, not hard as he was the only registered owner and lived in my state, not to far from where i grew up!

I bought 2 sets of 440-6, 3 pin emblems from Frank Mitchell back in 2002 after buying the car.

I ended up meeting the original owner at a mopar show and asked about the original bubble emblems, He had them but refused to sell them to me, so i asked if he could bring them with him to compare to the sets i bought from Frank M. because there was a slight defect in the emblems i got from Frank and i knew he may have repopped them. Well ended up the defect was the same on the originals! The only thing i dont's remember is the finish? I just looked at mine and they are chrome, not brushed? I have a set of NOS HEMI bubble emblems and they are brushed finish.

The original owner also has dealer paper work and refused to give OR sell it to me??? Anyways he did agree to give me copies along with a copy of a pic of the car the day he brought it home......PROOF.....yup FE5 shaker bubble!!!!! I was very happy. Who knows if he's still alive, we stayed in contact for a short time and that was it.

I'm the CARETAKER of Weinstats '69 440 'cuda registry and have 104 of the 360 cars to date. 84 fastbacks/20 coupes. Always looking for new(REAL M-code) '69 440 'cudas to add to the registry so drop me a note if any are found or known. This isn't a publicly released registry. Thanks, Dave