Originally Posted By hemicar1971
Looking at the link that Floyd put in his post I see the Outside Pin location is the same on the two pin Cuda 440-6 emblems I have as the ones in the E Bay Ad that has three pins. So I go and compare the two pin location Cuda 440-6 I have that is the same as the three pin location on the outside pins in the E Bay Ad with a 426Hemi Shaker Challenger emblem and the outside pins are in the same location. I also compared the Cuda 440-6 two pin Emblem outside location with a Cuda 383 Shaker three pin Emblem and the outside locations are the same. I now find new 340 four barrel Challenger Sport Hood emblems and these emblems are a little wider than all the Shaker Emblems and the two pin Cuda 440-6 Emblems and these 340 four barrel sport hood emblems do not fit in the holes on a Shaker Bubble. I have heard a few stories about the Cuda 440-6 emblems but could not find out if this was true or not being tapered with. Others on this board that are more familiar with Shaker and Sport Hood emblems need to chime in. All other Sport Hood emblems seem to be a little bit wider than shaker Emblems measuring the outside pin length. So why do my Cuda 440-6 Emblems with two pins fit a Shaker Bubble when the pins are made for a sport hood pin length. Did someone back door the parts out of the supplier or did someone make the Emblems and did not put a third pin on them or the correct size pin on them.

I can tell you for a fact in 1980 the 440-6 cuda emblems from chrysler were in fact the 2 pin when you ordered them. We had a cuda come in the bodyshop that had its hood and shaker stolen and that is all we could get. I also ordered every engine size that you could get, for me in case I fell into a car and only got 340,383,and hemi 3 pin, the 440 440-6 both came 2 pin. I have been told thru the years that 3 pin 440 440-6 were never availiable thru chrysler, and any out there are repo, backdoored who knows if thats true. The car owner complained about the emblems we used... not the 3 pin part he said the originals were tapered??? I have heard that, heard the brushed vs chrome, but really would like to know whats right also. Is it possible there were several different vendors for that with so few made?