Originally Posted By Dartsport540
Originally Posted By oscaracme
1 more
I run a Shogun remote water pump. Mounted on front frame rail. Pumps the water from radiator to engine, inlet side. It pumps the cooler water, from the radiator. BECOOL radiator, shroud and fan and recovery tank.

On a 90* to 100* day, my car will see a high temperature of 165* to 170*, when I get back to my pit after a run.

Dartsport, what are the dimensions of your radiator....was it custom made?

Thank you

Radiator was Custom built by BeCools fabricator, he was out of Canada. Becool had me contact him directly back in 2oo4 or 2005. My car is a Alston chassis, 2" x 3" box frame. All the radiators that I looked at back then were to wide. So I had a radiator custom built, with shroud, fan and over flow or expansion tank. It wasn't cheap, but it works!!

When I bought the car in 2003, it had a radiator out of a Dodge Omni, 4 cylinder. Temperature would hit 225* to 240* by the time I got onto return road, I had to shut car off and cool it down, before I could make it back to my pits.
I am going out to the shop, to measure radiator!!

I too have an Alston frame with the same problems it appears you had.

I had an original scirocco radiator that ran too hot (I also had a shogun setup then too) I replaced that with a twin-tube all alum. scirocco aftermarket one and that helped a little, but it's still too hard to keep cool.
I'm thinking more core rows are about my only practical option.....I've gone to a larger volume water pump and replaced that manifold with a setup similar to "forest's" pictures above. I did discover about a *20 temp difference L-R with the original shogun manifold.

'86 Maple Grove KOS Mopar low qualifier......true street legal with no power adders.

NOS-used when losing since 1940.