We have tried alot of carb set ups on the Vette. We started with a 4150!!! Unfortunately only one way to find out what works. Also you can stack spacer to the roof of the dyno and maybe make more power but velocity and efficiency especially down low may kill the cars ET. We have used 2.30, 2.40, 2.45, 2.50. Our issues with the larger carbs has been the deck height of the engine. Possibly with a shorter deck we could take more advantage of the bigger carbs. So far the 2.40 has been the fast one. But we have had probably 8 different booster packages and 4 different metering blocks in it as well. We will likely be trying the 2.45 again this year with the shorter deck and are expecting it to be faster. We will find out soon as the block is about done to shorten the deck height to closer to the other small block we run against. Those seem to be where the really big carbs shine.

I believe Shiloh and the Vette run the same cube engine 417?!?
Ultimately the dyno is a tool and you need to be able to interpret what the tool is telling you. Interpreting that data and applying it to the racecar on track are always the hard part.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"