Originally Posted By dangina
Originally Posted By DAYCLONA

Pretty much the same here, Keisler/SST 5spd TKO600/650 w CF synchros along with their hyd TOB and Wilwood modified master, I run a Sach BorgBeck/3 finger pressure plate in the 2800 lb range with a Sachs single Kevlar disc, pretty much beat the sh1t out of it on the street/track or courses with zero issues, 440/6 up front

what made you pick the three finger setup over a diaphram plate? I'm afraid I'll bust a diaphram plate again, been thinking about the three finger plate - I guess with the hydraulic TOB it probably all feels the same?

I don't particularly care for diaphram covers, plus I was looking for something in the 2800 to 3200 lb range, and Sachs had a BB cover and Kevlar disc set up that met my criteria, as far as input bearing/bushing, I run a bearing, Zero issues on several vehicles so equipped, as far as the hyd TOB, it makes the 2800 lb plate feel like stepping on warm butter, no pedal effort at all, in fact the 4 whl disc power brakes takes more pedal effort, and they're light as a touch...

Most mfg's will push a diaphram cover in the 1800-2200# range when using an input shaft mounted hyd TOB because they are not rated for use in the 2500+ lb cover range, to date (14 yrs) I've only blown one hyd TOB, but again I abuse the sh1t out of my rides, I still run an "old school" Mopar 833 4spd with factory linkage/TOB in an E body among my rides with a 3200# BB/3 finger (Hays set up), as far as the clutch pedal pressure, it gets "real old", real fast! hooks up like crazy, but is a chore to drive in stop and go traffic.

IMHO, take the hyd TOB route, you'll never go back to linkage