More info needed, which brand spring and how much pressure? You can always leave the lash loose on all of them until ready to start and run it work shruggy I have friends who are bracket racers with solid flat tappet camshafts that loosen up all their rockers every winter and reset the lash when they get ready to race again shruggy
I haven't ever done that on any of my motors, solid lifter , hydraulic lifter or roller lifters, race or street motors twocents
I do have a old 1000 lb. Rimac valve spring tester so I can remove several springs and test them to see how much pressure they have lost compared to when I assembled that motor to see if they need reshimming or replacing work
If the motors stops pulling as hard as it had in the past in the upper RPM range it is time to check the pressure on all of the valve springs twocents scope
My message is good springs should, with proper lubrication and setting them up properly, should last a long time or a real long time depending on the application and RPM limits scope

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 01/04/18 01:48 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)