Originally Posted By PorkyPig
Originally Posted By markz528
Originally Posted By camastomcat
So does he have financial backing now?

Yes. Bill @ Chicago Connection financed it. Don’t hesitate to call him.

I have a wedge block. It is called “the block”.

Did you get the only one ever sold?

Nope - they are out there but I don't have a number. Muscle Motors did some and I know for sure Barton did some (talked to Ray - we compared notes). Don't know if others did also or not.

I talked to Bill @ Chicago Connection today. He is trying real hard to get this to a good level. He is the one that financed this deal.

Bill asked that anyone that would be interested in a cast iron low block, RB or HEMI block give him a little more time to get things straightened out but you will be able to get the blocks through him. He asked that you wait a bit before you start calling so that he is not inundated with calls before he can start shipping - he is not taking deposits at this time. At this point he is verifying the machine work done by the new vendor - the original run had a number of machining issues with a different machining vendor (mine is getting fixed by BES - Tony Bischoff). I do not know of any casting quality issues - my casting looks real nice.

Ray Barton is getting 2 blocks now to see how good the new machining is.

Once the machining is verified, Bill indicated that the plan is to ship a machined block out every 2 days.

67 Coronet 500 9.610 @ 139.20 mph
67 Coronet 500 (street car) 14.82 @ 94 mph
69 GTX (clone) - build in progress......