Originally Posted By 440_Offroader
Yes, fuel pump and front end are 2 things to go bad on these trucks. Owner may have fixed these issues already, with the miles it has.
That rust spot looks exactly how my 01 looked. I cut mine out and replaced the outer panel around the wheel well. There will be much more rust in there than you think. I had to cut out and fab up a piece for the inner panel as well. You would want to dig into it, sooner than later.
These trucks are well worth the repairs, and that one looks to be in decent shape. I'll never get rid of my 01 for a newer truck. Electrical and emission bs of the newer ones... No thanks.

Curious as to what fuel pump issues a 12 valve motor might have. My 94 had an issue with one of the rubber fuel supply lines getting a hole from where it passed thru a metal edel clamp on the block, which caused it to suck air and the system to lose its prime. Once I fixed that I had zero issues. It was nice having a mechanical plunger on the pump to re-prime the system after changing fuel filters, instead of cycling the key some 8 - 10 times like on my 01. And the 12 valve motors, with their mechanical lift pumps have nowhere near the issues the 24 valve motors have with their electric lift pumps dying and starving the injector pump. What did suck on my 94 were the brakes, and the torque converter. The self adjusters on the rear drums would never work, causing my front discs to do all the work and subsequently wearing them out much faster. And my lock up converter was on the way out when I traded it in for my 01. The OP's truck is a stick so no issues there. The bottoms of my 94's doors were rotting out at the door skin seams as well. I made sure to pump motor oil into the seams on my new 01 to prevent that.