Originally Posted By dartman366
Originally Posted By rowin4
Installing bushing will not prevent a lifter from coming out of the bore if a push rod happened to break or come off the rocker for some reason. Most blocks are bushed because of alignment or wear problems. So if thats your reason , save your money.
no it won't but will help sustain oil pressure if you do loose one, that little .040 .060 hole in the bushing leak's a lot less oil than the big gaping hole that the factory intersection will, and yes my my block is bushed.
iagree up
Been there done that, I had one of the great Smith Bros race pushrods fold up and break into two parts on the dyno at or close to 5200 RPM at WOT ,making a pull, it knock the high dollar Crower Ultra lifter out of its bore and broke the link to the matching lifter ruining that pair of lifters, the stupid upper half of that dang broken pushrod fell down into the lifter bore bushing gouging it and scarring up the cam lobe enough to have to have that cam lobe repaired and reground puke
No loss of oil pressure so no damage to the bottom end up boogie
Definitively worth doing the bushing on that motor twocents
This is one of those pay me now or pay me later decisions, if you have to pay later it will probably be a lot more expensive and damaging work shruggy

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 12/12/17 03:27 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)