Originally Posted By ric3xrt
I did 2 VVT builds this year ,2 weeks(11/15/17) ago we tore down one of the VVT builds that used the delete kit, and the front cam bearing is grooved at the back edge where the adaptor rides on the bearing
, car had 40 runs and roughly 3500 mile on the build. we pulled it just to check to see how the VVT delete was holding up.

now the engine owner is thinking of taking a Non VVT cam core , turning down the front journal, and making a "cap" (his words) to place over the front of the cam......My opinion is it's not worth the cost for one unit.

I agree. Doing all the mods to a non-VVT cam and making an adapter is time wasted. The cost of a regular cam is $500-600. The cost of a custom core VVT is double that. Not a severe hit to the budget.

Wasn't sure if the Nutter adapter kit came with a new cam bearing, but yes, front bearing mods are required to get the oil to the adapter, where it rides. I plugged all of the oiling at the front journal for the VVT and drilled a new oiling hole for the cam bearing from the main feed line, then added a small oil channel in the cam journal as a passage to a new oil hole I added to the cam bearing. The oil hole is under the front of the most forward VVT cam journal.

Last edited by STEFF; 12/06/17 01:57 PM.