I did send him another PM awhile back & no answer so he must be busy. I did get a set of .001" OS lifters (3549990) from "Central jersey motorsports" & "Collectors" (both VG people to deal with) & just for fun one day I set one in another shortblock that also has very loose bores (not the one in the stock car) & it was significantly tighter, I was happily & pleasantly surprised that it made that much difference (& the OE lifter that was loose was barely broke in & it had alot of side to side play). So I am thinking that another set of .001" might resolve it on the other eng. what I need to do is pull the intake like was suggested earlier & get a good set of snap gauges & mike the bores plus do Hughes' "thunk" test especially since it is his cam. I'm like you still wondering if the .008's are needed if we can hand hone carefully. EDIT & there is the guy here who has a set of .008's for $300 (+ the ride!) & that is in the US of A!. Has Santa been good to you down there? I'll let you have first crack at em.

Last edited by RapidRobert; 12/04/17 01:57 PM.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth