Leak Down Results

Right 45% 45% 40% 50%

Front-------------->Rear

Left 45% 47% 45% 34%

Disclaimer: The gauge was new, but I don't trust the gauge at all. It would give consistently inconsistent results and was hard to get regulated. Sometimes it would go straight to 100% loss then you would have to reset it and start over because once it hit 100% it somehow cuts off the air flow. Never could get it to start at exactly 0 so some of the results with this gauge could be off by 5-10% or more. Turning the regulator on the gauge would some times get it in the yellow start range, right in the middle, but once I finished it would be out of that range. Also turning the regulator was so inconsistent in what it did on the gauge. Sometimes a lot of turning resulted in little movement of the needle and other times a little would make it move a lot or it would keep moving after it was set. I believe if the engine was warm it would have been much better but not for sure. Either way regardless I could hear air in each valve cover, out the breather port and dipstick hole. Nothing in the coolant and nothing at the exhaust. One time I got 100% loss over and over again and I ended up moving to the next cylinder I had previously tested and gotten different results and it did the same 100% loss vs 40% I got before. I got it regulated on that one cylinder and then went back to the other and ended up getting 47% instead of 100%. Thing is to go back to that cylinder I rotated the crank backwards 90 degrees. Is this okay? That's the only time I went backwards.

1970 EK2 T/A 727