Originally Posted By racerbychoice
Originally Posted By 1964superstock
Jesse James describes his 1964 Dodge Polara, "It's a car that no ones ever done a Polara like this, they have only been done ONE way forever, which is like Old man style with American torque thrusts, and like kinda drag race style, not really to do one that is kinda pro-touring, lowered, a real driver...just perfect."

Never knew that a super stock hemi or max wedge 1964 Dodge was old man style, but guess they are now since Jesse James said they are.....whatever dude. His car is impressive, very well built fabrication work by the Roadster Shop, but also unbelievable amount of money went into that build i'm sure. Way beyond what any normal working family guy could afford, as with most new over the top SEMA type cars like the Ring Brothers cars. If I was burning that much money, I think a paint job could be included and wanted, but Jesse James wants to beat on it and not scratch it, since it's a "machine", has to test the cars limits..... I like the patina paint trend also, few years back, but it is getting overdone, not unique anymore. Hard to buy that this will be a real driver car as described. Might get 4 miles to the gallon...maybe with a 1500 HP twin turbo hemi. Is this the new expectation of a car build to completely gut the car, and only leave the outside shell? I just can't see the reason this is necessary unless your trying to race over 200 MPH at Bonneville or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT1R0x8u4xA

Here are a few old man style 1964 Dodge's. Glad no one cares what he thinks.

Disagree. The normal family guy could build something like this IF he has a plan, sticks to the plan, is patient and doesn't have a hurry-up attitude that it needs to be completed ASAP. It might take several years, but it would be worth it IF that is his desire/dream. Its been done many many times by the normal family guy.

Its a cool build for sure, but I prefer the old SS look myself.
You're kidding right? Without question, beautiful craftsmanship. Think he went a little astray on the goal - if he ever had one.

Fastest 300