Originally Posted By cudaerik
Hello Mike, I saw this post and I'm in the progress of installing the same transmission that you showed pictures of. I had a hard time when I removed the transmission with the shifter tower in place and I was thinking about removing the shifter tower before I install the transmission again. Is there anything I need to know more that having the transmission in neutral to remove and putting the shifter tower back on the transmission after it's installed in the car? (got a solid opening in the tunnel for the shifter tower)

The shift tower is only held in place by 2 Allen head bolts, just remove the tower, not the plate that seals the shift rods, make sure the FLAT of the shift nub of the shift tower faces the drivers seat (assuming your vehicle is LEFT HAND DRIVE))when re-installing the shift tower, I provided a pic a few posts up of what the neutral shift rail position looks like should it be in gear, you can't install the shift tower if the transmission is in gear, put a small amount of sealer on the bottom of the shift tower so it won't leak

Mike