Originally Posted By DAYCLONA
Originally Posted By krautrock
is a TKO the same size as a T56 ?

The T56 is much larger, SST currently has a T56 6spd B and E body set ups if interested, I'm waiting on member 70RT to see how his SST 6spd B body install goes and what's involved, as I may change out my TKO600 for another gear and lower ratio of .50
According to the guy that installed my T-56 it wasn't that bad but he is experienced. He didn't like how SST did the hump in their pics so we basically cut out most of the hump and rolled out metal and built our own. The template for the crossmember is the building foundation. Once you get the crossmember cut out and the transmission support bolted up you have it. When we rolled the metal out for the tunnel we used the tunnel templates to get the right clearance for the tranny and tunnel but we left the transmission bolted up to make sure it was correct and it was close. He didn't take as many pics as I wanted him to but theres a few. I went hydraulic also. This phone won't let me post pics. If you pm your cell I'll send you what pics I have. I went with the close ratio. It's geared better but you can put a final .50 in it when they build it and keep the better 1-4 gears.