It might seal it off yes. I seem to recall back in the day the KB stuff was wet sleeved and was notorious for leaking?!? That area supplies some support for the sleeve as well. The KB block block got repaired and are in use now. It was fairly straight forward, welded in the piece that was broken out and it runs with block sealer just to make sure. The Indy ended up getting partially filled and the sleeve epoxied in and uses block sealer. It has been sitting ever since. Just have not put it back to use. I just don't feel right selling it to someone as an unknown deal. Will likely end up in a street car project for me at some point.

Both of them I purchased from people as complete engines, one brand new the other used. The Indy block engine was used and we ran it to finish a season, well it didn't quite make it and came apart. Likely was just older than advertised. The KB block was a new engine that was only run on the dyno when purchased, built by a recognizable builder. He missed something on assembly that ended up destroying the engine. Morale of the story buyer beware..Anything I buy now complete will be taken apart and thoroughly looked over before it is put into service.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"