Isn't the turning radius enlarged by using the Borgs'n box? I thought I read that recently on another post somewhere. Enlarging the turning radius isn't something desirable.

The Chrysler factory box with the longer arms (pitman and idler) become 12.7:1 ratio... with 2.7 turns lock-to-lock... still faster than the Borgs'n box which, I believe, is 3.5 turns lock-to-lock, and a relatively slower ratio of 16:1... same as a factory Chrysler box having the short arms.

The biggest advantage I see with the Borgs'n box is the reduced weight of ~10 pounds.... off the front-end of the car... improves overall handling response with less weight. But... the steering is still faster lock-to-lock the factory Chrysler box having the longer arms.

Also, the longer idler arm -- some call it the "fast-ratio idler arm" is simply a C-Body idler arm (~1970 Fury, etc)... always has been this, always will remain this. Chrysler simply realized they forgot to add it to their assembly line whenever the T/A box was installed (having the longer "Fast-Ratio" pitman arm. (No company can make a claim for "developing" or "creating" a "fast-ratio" idler arm... it's simply the C-body arm.)

The coupler which Bergman Automotive sells is a great item for anyone installing the Borgs'n box.

One thing that I've never been able to get any answers are ... is IF the Borgs'n box can accept the longer "Fast-Ratio" pitman arm, and then to also install the C-body longer idler arm ... that would make things very interesting and more desirable to me. Faster, lighter... all that becomes much better!!!

Last edited by Mopar Mitch; 11/16/17 05:19 PM.

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!