Originally Posted By moparpro
if you are on the road and get a flat tire are you using the factory jack in trunk are using a modern jack style,some say factory jacks was not to safe back in good old days or now.thoughts,complaints,ideas.thanks

Not safe?

Who says and why? Dad used 'em on the '47 Plymouth and '71 Valiant. I used 'em on the '53, '56, '57 Plymouths and the '72 Valiant, as well as My '65 El Camino and '73 Pontiac and '69 Ford.

They work fine. My '59 Fiat 600 had similar idea: hooked at a point along the side of the body and lifted the whole side. Screw mechanism arrangement for the up an down.

My '08 Corolla has a screw jack. Now there's a piece of work. Instead of standing up, ya'get to kneel down, position a little bitty scissors jack that has a too short handle, and try to keep the handle in the slot while ya' grind away raising the vehicle. Yes, I had to use it for a flat.

Used to have an old Sears scissors jack that worked real good. Screwed up and left it in the '69 LTD when I rotated out of Panama. The Walmart/Harbor freight scissors jacks are are junk compared to the Sears, but I got one of them in the trunk on the Corolla now.

Last edited by DZJim; 11/10/17 02:00 AM.