Outside of not physically capable of changing a tire, I would NEVER call someone out to do my tire change. Other scenarios would be if the car wound up being on such an uneven surface that it would be too dangerous to raise up my vehicle.

I carry all tools that are required to change the tire for that certain vehicle as well as extra tools.

When buying a new(used) vehicle, how many people actually check for tire changing tools? As well as going around to check all 4 wheels to see if you can break the lugs? If you wait until you have a flat you might find yourself not being able to change a tire because of a lug being on too tight, frozen or stripped. Also there might be a lock lug on them and guess what? The previous owner forgot to include the lock lug tool with the purchase.

Yeah I hear you, call AAA and let them do it, but what if you had to wait 3 hours for them to arrive? It happens I know I used to work for them, changing tires roadside. Did it take me 3 hours to drive to them? Of course not but in the summer here in Vegas cars in the I-15 would drop like flies. Flat tires, overheating, dead batteries(at the exits) and lock outs. All piling up at the same time and put on a "wait" list. Very pissed off customers and our dispatching was ran poorly putting us in a "no win" situation with us being the face to the customers of AAA.

Okay I'm done now. beer

Oh and BTW I would use a new style jack instead of the OEM jack.

Last edited by VegasCharger; 11/09/17 09:07 PM.