I've had dealings with 3 convertor companies in the last 2 years...

Transmission Specialties - built a conv specific to my wifes car took longer to get it than they quoted and I don't think its as loose as I requested, but it is really consistent in the car. Went from a 10" 3500ish stall to a 8" 5000 stall (that's what I asked for, for her combo) and car didn't pick up any...

ATI - broke my good conv this summer, had ATI built one to my car specs, hoping it would be like the one I broke. Car ended up picking up about 1.5 mph and a tenth (convertor I broke had 800ish passes on it). Its a hair looser than I'd really prefer, but works well

QuickDraw Convertors - sent the convertor I broke to him to have repaired. Did it in a very timely manner and was reasonably priced. I installed the convertor in my other race car when I got it back and it works just like it should for the specs I gave him.

If PTC has had 2 chances to get it right and than blowed you off, plus it sounds like they aren't even close if your losing 200 HP. If you give a convertor shop your car specs they should get it close...if they are good....