Well, I hope I got to the final problem with this car. Idiots should not be allowed to work on cars. The booster is a 70 for sure. It requires the large bushing with o ring in the eye of the booster. The problem is the “ mechanic” that did all this work used a 71 pivot assembly. The 71 setup does not use the large bushings only pins. The pin measures .372. The hole in the 70 booster is .570. They used the booster and did not have a bushing and they did not even use the correct size pin. They used a regular 1/4x 20 bolt with a lock nut. They could not tighten it because the 70 booster eye is so large they had to pry open the pivot to get it to fit the eye. Of coarse it had play on the booster and the pivot. About 1/4 play! That play with no residual valve made for a really low pedal. I pulled a residual valve from and old drum brake master cly and it fit right in. I’ll bleed the brakes on Saturday and we should be ready to go. Or at least on to the next problem these idiot created. I think I have found them all now, though.

Last edited by fastmark; 11/03/17 08:54 AM.