This is my opinion:

The manufacturers must make the parts for the warranty period. If not, they would either, be in violation of the warranty contract, or would be wasting money buying aftermarket parts. To my knowledge, the longest part of the warranty would be the emissions portion.

I found this:

is there a federal law concerning oem parts availability on automobile lines that have been discontinued. If so what is the statute

Share this conversation

Law Educator, Esq.

Expert: Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.

I am afraid the current federal law only requires that parts be produced and made available for the full warranty period of the vehicle. Thus, once the warranty year expires on the last year the car was produced, the manufacturer is no longer bound to continue making parts for that vehicle. Thus, I am afraid there is no statute requiring them to keep making parts after the warranty would expire on their last product sold, even though most manufacturers continue for 2-3 years after the warranty period. See: Discontinued Cars.

This was the website:
https://www.justanswer.com/employment-la...-lines-bee.html

All of this makes me wonder: What about the lifetime warrantees on some vehicles? The late model Challenger comes to mind?

70 Super Bee FK5 383 4-Speed
68 GTX RR1 426 Auto
70 Cuda FC7 440 Auto

Psalm 37:5: Commit your way to the Lord; trust also in Him and He will do it