Originally Posted By gtx6970
Originally Posted By 69x
Originally Posted By flypaper
I think back then they were required
By law to carry parts for 14 years from date of manufacture for a new car.
That did not work so well for me, I went to my Plymouth dealer in 78 to order some parts for my 69 GTX and while I was able to order most of what I wanted one part I was told was no longer available, the drivers side tail light bezel, it took me years to find one.

I used to work at a local Dodge dealership. And had a 1969 GTX hardtop at the time. As the day wound down. Occasionally would go into the parts dept and do a search on a long list of parts for my GTX.
One night after a rather tough day ( sometime early 2000s time frame )
I grabbed a coke and sat down at the parts mgr desk and ran my list.
Low and behold the left tail bezel pt number came back as in stock at a dealer in NJ I think it was.
I nearly fell out of the seat rolling around to grab the phone to call on it. A young guy answered and yep, he shows it. Just put in in the system that day. I asked him to pull it and describe it to me. Came back and sure sounded like it. So I gave him my credit card number and said send it.

Showed up a few days later. Sure enough there it was. All in sent to me for something like $60 delivered.

After I sold the car several years later. I sold the pair of bezels for a tidy sum.
Man you lucked out, wish I had paid only $60. makes me feel kind of sick.