Quote:

... several people told me the same to stay away from the hemi race pump, after going through 3 diff carter 440 pumps I installed the hemi race pump and my issues were solved. I could have saved some $$ by buying the right pump in the first place. Honestly I think most would not know that they are fuel starved on top end because they don't work their cars hard enough to find out. If you do I think the choice is clear.

I did the same thing decades ago, playing with various pumps, Carter, Holley, and continue to do the same with customers and people building 6 pack motors,.....skip the rest, go straight for the race Carters,......on my 440/6 motors I run the Carter M4862 8.5 psi, and I've been running the Race Carter M6270 on my Challenger T/A 340/6 for about 20 years, after going thru countless Holleys and other Carters that can't keep up with demand in high RPM/ high GPM demands,.....but I allways swap out the rubber tipped needle seats to the Holley all steel needle seat assemblies,(costs about $50 for 3) as a high pressure pump can load a stock needle seat,causing it to stick in the "closed" position, and cause a starvation problem,(empty bowl) I've never run a regulator at all in 30 years of running basically nothing but 6 paks, never had one "blow fuel" past the seats, had Stock seats get stuck from overpressure or debri, but have allways gotten in the habit of tossing the stock seats everytime to avoid problems