Originally Posted By StealthWedge67
Originally Posted By BradH
Originally Posted By EV2Bird
Dang China Rockers.

That's an attempt at humor, right?

And a good one at that.... it is comical to watch this group work diligently to remedy an issue whenever an expensive part is involved in the issue; But if the price of said part is favorable to the buyer, or god forbid if it's manufactured in China: "it's just plain a crappy part, get rid of it, I would never own it, and you're an idiot for buying it."

twocents

A couple of well-known expressions come to mind when I read your comment above:
1. Don't throw good money after bad.
2. You get what you pay for.

There's a big difference IMO between an affordable fix to a reasonable quality product (regardless of origin) to keep it serviceable vs. spending additional money on a poorly engineered product (perhaps a cheap offshore "clone" of a popular brand-name item) to try and band-aid sloppy manufacturing processes and/or (lack of) quality control issues. So, it doesn't surprise me that people are more helpful in trying to resolve issues being experienced with parts otherwise known for good quality. After all, we probably have a good idea how much it cost to get those parts in the first place.

On the other hand, spending brain power to help make a poorly-made part serviceable is going to have a limited return on time investment. At what point does the cost to correct the issue raise the price of the "budget" part close enough to what the better quality part sells for that it's no longer cost-effective to mess w/ the cheap part? If it's got one problem to deal with because of the way it's been made cheaply, is another one going to pop up after that, too? How quickly does it take for a "good deal" to turn into a monetary sinkhole?

Sometimes a "good deal" on a part is really that: a good deal on a decent part. Other times, it's pretty obvious once you have the part in hand WHY you were able to buy it at such a "great" price. Anyone who is a total price shopper -- and looks for "deals" instead of reasonable prices on good parts -- is going to get burned on occasion due to the way the parts industry has been flooded with offshore products that range in quality from "It should come with it's own garbage can!" to "It's a good bang for the buck!".

And, to be blunt, some people only learn these things the hard way. I tell my kids without hesitation that I've never learned anything the easy way. I can say with complete honesty: "Been there, done that, paid the price."

Last edited by BradH; 09/25/17 04:25 PM.