I am just curious as to how well the car actually runs for you with the readings you have. Does it run good or does it have any stumble or surging ? Chargerjoert is right about the wording they use on them between idle air bleeds and idle fuel restictions and idle bypass and econimizer which most are more or less an idle air bleed other then the idle fuel restriction but not all are all the time. Some carbs feed extra air to the eng in the idle circuit and others right to the intake and called them perculator ports years back. I am guessing this Thermquad you have dont have the emission idle enrichment system on it that later years used as they had leaner idle systems and would richen the idle on only cold eng starts with vacum to the idle enrichment valve by blocking off an idle air bleed. If it has that and the valve has no vacum to it then it will have a leaner idle. But it sounds like you know the Thermoquad good enough to know if it had that valve.
Good luck with it as they can be a pain since many were used in the emission years and ran very lean. I would think one of the best ones would be from the 1971 Darts , Dusters and Demon 340 cars. They can be alot of work to get right but they can work very good when set right. Many racers in Stock Eliminator run them and run very good with them. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 08/27/17 04:22 AM.