I'm also rebuilding/assembling my full front end. I've just now modified the idler arm with FF's ball bearing kit... had the kframe on a bench so it was easy to shim as required.... turns very smoothly and tight w/o any play... I'm hoping it will compliment the FF-3 T/A box (also just rebuilt by FF) that I use... along with the 11/16 tr ends, etc.

I didn't go for the PS box sector shaft... maybe in the future.

Regarding your UCAs, now is the time you should upgrade... anything is better than factory; using the Moog offset UCA bushings is OK, but, you really should go for a complete swap while you're there, now. FF, QA1, Hotchkis, SPC... do it now... its a hassle to go back and do it all over again... you will sooner or later.

What engine do you have SB or BB?

Also, are you going with the longer (fast-ratio) pitman arm, as well as the longer idler arm... (the longer fast ratio idler arm is simply a c-body idler arm ~1970 up)? IF you use the std ps box, with these arms you'll get slightly tighter turning radius than not using the longer arms.

And... be CERTAIN that you're only using a SAGINAW ps pump... the Federal type cannot keep up with fast action high-rpm steering manuevers. USE SAGINAW ONLY!

Last edited by Mopar Mitch; 08/23/17 04:36 PM.

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!