Originally Posted By jcc
Originally Posted By larrymopar360
Originally Posted By jcc

He did warn you. laugh2
Actually, I just looked back, and no warning! Just asked why I didn't look elsewhere. Later claims to have warned me; twice. smile

"Why come here and get a bunch of incorrect, contradictory or wrong opinions?"

Those adept in the nuances of some members here, may see the deeper meaning originally intended. Any oversight might have been he did include himself in the group of three categories. You of course get to make that determination for yourself. He is partly correct, I admit, if one does NOT want opinions, best to go elsewhere then Moparts. I usually feel in no matter how many responses one gets to a question, one is often spot on, figuring out which one, is the key. grin If your thinking is the majority must be correct, just do a poll from the get go. Looking back, luckily, you got no wrong answers. twocents

He DID! LOL

As I said on a previous thread! Mathematically, the rim tire beds on a 10" rim is the same than the tire threads width ( 255 mm ) so phisically FITS without problems.

Now the look is about opinions. Being a temporally fit just to keep the car on the driveway is not a problem. Usually tires are selected to get threaded section between 1 to 3 inches wider than the rim bed width. There is when the look comes to mind

Now you mentioned also 235s on 10 thinking in 8"s later? IMHO 255s are a better match on a 8" than 235 but 235 will fit on 8"s too practically squared to the outer rim lips. They are 9.25" width on threads. THAT is about prefference look and opinion

235s in 10" will fit too, but it can compromise more the tire integrity depending on time they are installed pressure air tire, weather and enviroment conditions... heat, humidity! Even to be just on driveway.

The use on the temporally fit can be critical due the thread wear pattern when you change the rims. There is where 235 comes to be more critical on this.

Im not an expert really, just thinking on all the factors around. Maybe even overthinking a bit!

Last edited by NachoRT74; 08/18/17 12:09 PM.

With a Charger born in Chrysler assembly plant in Valencia, Venezuela